Best GPS tracker in 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
GPS tracker are used by some of the applications that are currently used across the globe in various sectors, like mining, surveying, aviation, marine, agriculture, military and recreation. These days scientists, doctors, pilots, soldiers, hikers, sailors, fisherman, deliver drivers, dispatchers are people from many other walks are suing GPS tracker in many ways to make their work more safer, productive and easier.
What’s a GPS tracker ?
A GPS tracking unit is a navigation device, gene
rally carried by people or a moving vehicle. It uses the Global Positioning System (GPS) to track the movements of the device as it moves and to determine its location. The recorded location data can be stored within the tracking unit or by transmitting to an internet connected device. This allows the asset's location to be displayed against a map backdrop in real time or when analysing the track later, using GPS tracking software. Data tracking software is available forsmartphones with GPS capability.
How does a GPS tracker Work?
GPS tracker tracks down the location in which a person or the vehicle move. GPS tracker should be installed in the vehicle or should be handy with the person to give location. This data can be stored within the tracker or can be transmitted to an internet connected systems. This data can be used at any given point, using GPS tracking software.
Global positioning system (GPS) applications generally fall into 5 major categories:
- To determine the Location
Aids in Navigation.
3. Tracking or monitoring the personal movement.
- It helps in Mapping the world.
5. Brings the precise Timing to the world.
Best GPS tracker in 2018
AMERICALOC – GL300W-Mini-Portable Tracker
- Best GPS Tracker for vehicles, people and assets. The New version of the famous GL300. As a welcome, Americaloc will be adding 2 extra months to your first service purchase. The price they charge for this service is USD 25 a month or less if you buy more time. You can Cancel anytime.
- Why would be choose this one and not the other version. They offer the longest battery life with extended m ulticarrier coverage.There are no activation charge or hidden fees. One can use it directly. As this is anew version, beaware of the cheaper trackers with less bettery life or less coverage .
- ItAlerts: movements like, device on/off, entering or leaving zones, front button pressed, parked, speeding, low battery. Battery life is measures in days or weeks, no tin hours.
- It also does Real Time Tracking and this history of 1 year tracking. Track from any devices such as computer, tablet or phone or just download our APP on Android and Iphone phones. This devices works in the US, Canada, Europe and in almost every country in the world
- It also gives 1 minute location updates while moving. It can be configured for location updates every 60, 30 or 10 seconds with no additional cost.As it is a new version it is better than 2G.
Optimus – tracker GPS-2
- Optimus GPS Tracker helps in tracking people , vehicles and items.
- Its costs $19.95 per month with no contract, hidden costs and one can also cancel in anytime.
- It customises position report frequency from 30 Seconds while moving, which is upgradable to 10 seconds.
- People using IPhone and Androud APP it is Easy and fast for them to track as they can download the APP for better use.
- It gives Email and Text Message Alerts for Movement, Speeding, Leaving or Entering Areas, Low Battery, SOS Button - Driving Reports - Unlimited GPS Tracking Historical Data Saved During Service
- SIM Card and Data Plan are Included - FCC, PTCRB Certified Unit - Coverage for USA
- This device costs as low as $5.99 a month (to be prepaid annually)
- With unlimited 3G data
- No contract or activation fees or cancellation fees
- It has included SIM
- It gives Email & text alerts, helpful in Geofencing.
- It is simple to use –one just have to sign in & start tracking in minutes.
- It is great for GPS tracking of vehicles, assets, and inventory.
- It can also track teens, spouses, and elderly persons
- It lasts up to 12 months on a single charge
- High-capacity internal battery
- It is Rechargeable with a cell charger.
- Indoor/outdoor weatherproofing allows a person to carry this device anywhere they go..
- It is Trackable with computer, phone, or tablet.
- It is Personal GPS yet the Best GPS Tracking unit for reliable tracking of people, vehicles, and/or assets
- It is designed with Ultra-compact
- It is 100% waterproof and has built-in super strength magnet
- It can be easily attached to vehicle and fits in small pockets, they can also be discretely hide in backpack or carried case or purse
- It Tracks& maps (with Google Maps) in real-time on web-based software or SilverCloud App
- It gives Text & email alerts helps in geofencing
- This device also tells driver behaviour & location reporting with historical playback
- This device comes with inclusive of AT&T SIM with Unlimited Data and Unlimited Access to our Tracking Servers.
- The monthly cost for the same is $24.95 for 60 second tracking updates. There are Faster rates available.
- It is for Domestic Use Only (USA) and Global compatibility available via alternative listing.
- This device is perfect for tracking vehicles, teens, spouses, elderly persons or assets
- It has compactible size that makes it to carry it anywhere
- It is well compatible to vehicle or belt
- One can simply insert this device in their backpack
- It helps to Track and mapping (with Google Maps) in real-time over the Internet
- The cost is $25 a month with no activation cost or cancellation fees and no contracts
- It give updates on text or email when a person leaves an area (geo fencing)
Pros and cons of a GPS tracker
|Location–GPS units provide a simple way in tracking location of a person or vehicle.||System Issues-As GPS devices rely on satellites, they are not perfectly suited for outdoor use. Interference from caves and deep slot canyons can cut communication off when you need it most.
|Navigation- GPS devices makes navigation easy and provide a bearing distance to the pre-set location on the map.
|Reliability-Like other electronic devices, GPS units are subject to failure from dead batteries. While one can reduce the chances of this happening by carrying spare batteries.
|Functions-many GPS units include such functions as barometric altimeters, an electronic compass, and time and date.
|Other Features- GPS devices can hold a variety of map data and routes, for instant access of information.|