Best GPS tracker in 2018 – Buyer’s Guide
GPS tracker are used by some of the applications that are currently used across the globe in various sectors, like mining, surveying, aviation, marine, agriculture, military and recreation. These days scientists, doctors, pilots, soldiers, hikers, sailors, fisherman, deliver drivers, dispatchers are people from many other walks are suing best GPS tracker in many ways to make their work more safer, productive and easier.
What’s a GPS tracker ?
A GPS tracking unit is a navigation device , generally carried by people or a moving vehicle. It uses the Global Positioning System (GPS) to track the movements of the device as it moves and to determine its location. The recorded location data can be stored within the tracking unit or by transmitting to an internet connected device. This allows the asset's location to be displayed against a map backdrop in real time or when analyzing the track later, using GPS tracking software. Data tracking software is available for smarphones with GPS capability. This makes these devices also as best GPS trackers for kids. GPS tracker for kids are very much in demand among parents.
How does a GPS tracker Work?
GPS tracker tracks down the location in which a person or the vehicle move. GPS tracker should be installed in the vehicle or should be handy with the person to give location. This data can be stored within the tracker or can be transmitted to an internet connected systems. This data can be used at any given point, using GPS tracking software. GPS trackers for cars are available in most of the cars, where GPS tracker for bikes can be purchased separately. It is easy to check GPS tracker price online
Global positioning system (GPS) applications generally fall into 5 major categories:
- To determine the Location
- Tracking or monitoring the personal movement.
- It helps in Mapping the world.
- Aids in Navigation
- Brings the precise Timing to the world.
There are mainly three types of GPS trackers,
- Data pushers
- Data loggers
- Data Collectors
Best GPS tracker in 2018
- Best GPS Tracker for vehicles, people and assets. The New version of the famous GL300. As a welcome, America will be adding 2 extra months to your first service purchase. The GPS tracker device price they charge for this service is USD 25 a month or less if you buy more time. You can Cancel anytime.
- Why would be choose this one and not the other version. They offer the longest battery life with extended multi carrier coverage. There are no activation charge or hidden fees. One can use it directly. As this is a new version, beware of the cheaper trackers with less better life or less coverage .
- It Alerts: movements like, device on/off, entering or leaving zones, front button pressed, parked, speeding, low battery. Battery life is measures in days or weeks, no tin hours.
- It also does Real Time Tracking and this history of 1 year tracking. Track from any devices such as computer, tablet or phone or just download our APP on Android and I phone phones. This devices works in the US, Canada, Europe and in almost every country in the world
- It also gives 1 minute location updates while moving. It can be configured for location updates every 60, 30 or 10 seconds with no additional cost. As it is a new version it is better than 2G.
- Best GPS tracker for Vehicles like cars and bikes
- Long battery life
- Real time tracking
- Saves history of one year tracking
- Less availability due to high demand
- Slightly over priced
- Optimus is a best GPS Tracker helps in tracking people , vehicles and items.
- Its costs $19.95 per month with no contract, hidden costs and one can also cancel in anytime.
- It customizes position report frequency from 30 Seconds while moving, which is up-gradable to 10 seconds.
- People using I Phone and Android APP it is Easy and fast for them to track as they can download the APP for better use.
- It gives Email and Text Message Alerts for Movement, Speeding, Leaving or Entering Areas, Low Battery, SOS Button - Driving Reports - Unlimited GPS Tracking Historical Data Saved During Service
- SIM Card and Data Plan are Included - FCC, PTCRB Certified Unit - Coverage for USA
- SOS button
- Best for kids tracking
- Sim card enabled
- Slightly bulky
- Not suitable for spying activities
- This device costs as low as $5.99 a month (to be prepaid annually)
- With unlimited 3G data
- No contract or activation fees or cancellation fees
- It has included SIM
- It gives Email & text alerts, helpful in Geo fencing.
- It is simple to use – one just have to sign in & start tracking in minutes.
- It is great for GPS tracking of vehicles, assets, and inventory.
- It can also track teens, spouses, and elderly persons
- It lasts up to 12 months on a single charge
- High-capacity internal battery
- It is Rechargeable with a cell charger.
- Indoor/outdoor weatherproofing allows a person to carry this device anywhere they go..
- It is Traceable with computer, phone, or tablet.
- Battery lasts for 12 months in a single charge
- Available at the cheapest price of 5.99%
- The best GPS tracker with unlimited 3G data
- Bit Overpriced
- It is Personal Best GPS tracker yet . The Best GPS Tracking unit for reliable tracking of people, vehicles, and/or assets
- It is designed with Ultra-compact
- It is 100% waterproof and has built-in super strength magnet
- It can be easily attached to vehicle and fits in small pockets, they can also be discretely hide in backpack or carried case or purse
- It Tracks & maps (with Google Maps) in real-time on web-based software or Silver Cloud App
- It gives Text & email alerts helps in geofencing
- This device also tells driver behavior & location reporting with historical playback
- This device comes with inclusive of AT&T SIM with Unlimited Data and Unlimited Access to our Tracking Servers.
- The monthly cost for the same is $24.95 for 60 second tracking updates. There are Faster rates available.
- It is for Domestic Use Only (USA) and Global compatibility available via alternative listing.
- Best for Domestic use
- comes with inclusive of AT&T SIM with Unlimited Data
- 100% waterproof
- Only available in US
- Not available for commercial purpose
- This device is perfect for tracking vehicles, teens, spouses, elderly persons or assets
- It has compatible size that makes it to carry it anywhere
- It is well compatible to vehicle or belt and can also be used as GPS tracker for
- One can simply insert this device in their backpack and can also be used as GPS tracker for dogs and other pets
- It helps to Track and mapping (with Google Maps) in real-time over the Internet
- The cost is $25 a month with no activation cost or cancellation fees and no contracts
- It give updates on text or email when a person leaves an area (geo fencing)
- Best for Human tracking
- Best suitable for pets and kids
- slightly overpriced
- Best GPS tracker for Vehicles
- Very friendly connectivity with I Phone and Android phones
- Includes sim, and comes with unlimited 3G data
- Best for spy activites
- Small size makes easy to carry
- Bit Pricey
- Slightly Heavy to carry
- Monthly subscription required