What is a marine gps?
A marine GPS is a required device for any recreational water based vehicle for ease of transportation. With absolute zero signal, signs and idea of direction, a marine gps will help in navigation on open water. With that in mind this technology has come into existence creating a huge impact in the market.
How does a marine gps work?
A marine GPS system functions by measuring the distance from the GPS receiver to the satellites. Following the concept of multipath bounce, the GPS signals are transmitted in a way that the signals are sent out and if there is any obstruction, the signals bounce off and inform the user.
Why is a marine GPS important?
Exact navigation during transportation on waters is a necessity. With growing adversities, even the best marine gps units need to rationalize the accuracy of the automobile units with the reception of the available outdoor units.
Marine GPS have multiple other functions that include the detection of weather condition and also other important functions required in maritime communication.
The best marine gps have built in functions that perform multiple tasks in order to meet the requirement of the users.
With vast uses and growing need to curb accidents on water or even avoid misdirection, marine gps system is entering the usage spectrum of naval officers, fishermen and owners of recreational boats.
The best marine gps systems are known to support automatic waypoint generation and get connected to advanced SONAR, GPS and also GLONASS.
Mentioned below are the best marine gps systems currently making their rounds in the market:
The best marine gps in the market as of now are:
Best Marine GPS OVER 300 USD:
- RAYMARINE c95: known to be one of the best marine gps systems, comes with a large screen of nine inches, the Raymarine c95 gives its users top-class navigation connectivity. It has provisions for SONAR, night vision and also RADAR. The remote is wheel mountable which makes it easy to use. It can sync with about 6 compatible models. These extra perks make it one of the best marine gps systems in the market.
- It has an extremely fast dual- core processing unit.
- It is supplied with composite inputs for marine camera.
- It can be synced with iOS devices.
- It is pretty costly which makes it a tough buy.
SPECIFICATIONS: Brand: Raymarine.
Model: c95 w/ Lighthouse Charts
Weight: 9.2 pounds.
GARMIN STRIKER 4
Again one of the best marine gps systems in the market, the Garmin Striker 4 is one of those that comes to its user with extensive provision. The reason why this fish finder/ marine gps system is one of the best marine gps systems in the market is because of the paramount level information that is portrayed on the screen is immense. It gives information like, water depth, the temperature around the boat, the speed at which the boat is moving, etc, thereby making it one of the best marine gps systems in the market.
- Has a streamlined and user friendly interface.
- It is available with a transducer.
- It is for the fishermen at heart.
- It shows what is going in and around the boat losing the basic idea for what it is made to do that is navigation.
- Only works when connected to an almost 12volts of power supply.
Weight: 2.3 pounds.
Being one of the best marine gps systems is a lot to live up to and The Hummingbird 410210-1 does just that. A unit made by the same people that worked day and night behind the Lakemaster chips, this product utilizes those very bits and pieces of hardware gives the user an edge to view the rendered 3-D model of the entire lake carrying every bit of information it can find. This product lives up to the designation of being one of the best marine gps systems in the market and gives heavy competition to the ones around!
- Known to locate specified fish species.
- Mapping on real-time basis and helps search for active fishing spots.
- Has a relatively low learning curve.
SPECIFICATIONS: BRAND: Hummingbird.
Weight: 3.6 pounds
Best Marine GPS UNDER 300 USD:
Simrad Go7 Xse
lives up to the title of being of the best marine gps systems, the device is known for its dynamic technological aspects. The device comes with a beautiful LED touchscreen that is supported by Navionics and Jeppesen routing that is included in the worldwide base map. With a very user friendly interface, the device can save up to 10,000 units of waypoints, making it one of the best marine gps
- Can connect with about 2000 engines.
- Has the provision of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- Has a 2D SONAR provision for shallow waters.
- Takes a long time to reboot.
WEIGHT: 7.9 pounds
GARMIN GPSMAP 7608xsv
known to be one of the best marine gps devices, the Garmin GPSMAP 7608xsv comes with the provision of 1kW dual CHIRP SONAR, that distinguishes between the type pf fishing. It is also known to be one of the best marine gps systems in terms of navigation using BlueChart g2 that shades every zone with different colours thereby differentiating between dangerous terrains. This makes it one of the best marine gps
- Supported by Garmin network support.
- Has a refresh time of 10 times per second.
- Supports Wi-Fi and ant.
- A bit pricey in comparison to the rest in terms of features.
Weight: 6.6 pounds.
Even the best marine gps systems have limitations, however being so and choosing the right ones amongst the best gives an additional aspect to look over when going over the specifications of each and every system.
The best marine gps systems are beaming in the market creating an abundant competition for each other and bringing in customers from all of the world. The best marine gps systems are attracting the naval officers, recreational purpose users and also fishermen are grabbing these just by taking a peek!